The Programme Support Officer is responsible for supporting a programme of projects with the day-to-day operations of coordinating progress and implementation. He/she maintains a close eye on the operational and financial performance, identifies probable issues that may need attention, supports in problem analysis and solution identification as necessary, coordinate resolution as per action-items assigned, drafting required correspondences to stakeholders concerned and preparation of status reports.
Summary of functions:
- Project Implementation
- Financial management
- Project Monitoring and Reporting
- Coordination and liaison
- Knowledge management and innovation
- Operational and logistical support
- Project implementation
- Monitor project financials and advise the Programme Manager accordingly;
- Track expenditure and take relevant action when required to revise budgets (realignment and amendment);
- Supporting the project planning process;
- Financial and procurement Management
- Monitor project budget and financial expenditure and all administrative procedures in line with the work-plan.
- Produce financial reports; including developing financial monitoring and reporting formats for projects.
- Alert the Programme Manager or any financial shortfalls and over-expenditures.
- Propose budget revision and initiate corrective action when necessary.
- Coordinate vendor communications, meetings, and reports as necessary
- Project monitoring and reporting
- Provide substantive inputs to assist the Programme Manager in the preparation of project reports
- and documents.
- Maintain records of project files and other supporting documents.
- Operational and Logistic Support
- Review weekly Activity reports and quarterly financial reports with respect to outputs based on work plans and budget forecasts
- Liaise with finance and supply chain units in tracking commitments and disbursements.
- Identify operational, administrative, financial and other bottlenecks that may impede project delivery; recommend solutions and take appropriate remedial action
- Establish and monitor an internal control system for all administrative actions
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Programme Manager