Entertainment publicist, Shuzzr, is a well-known name in the reggae-dancehall entertainment and media landscape. His introduction to public relations came in late 2009- 2010, where he represented Gaza Kim who was allegedly assaulted and Blak Ryno who were apart of the leading musical group of the decade in Jamaica and arguably the Caribbean. From navigating the media storm surrounding Gaza Kim, and Blak Ryno departure from Portmore Empire/GAZA which was led by Vybz Kartel, Shuzzr positioned himself to become a guru in public relations.
With little media training starting off his career, his love for media, politics and music drove him to pursue other clients. Over the past decade, he has worked with several of Jamaica’s top reggae and dancehall acts namely Tifa, RDX, Vershon, Dovey Magnum, Narkoz, DJ MadOut, DJ TYGGA, Chozenn, Blak Ryno, Lisa Hyper, Erup, Versatile amongst many others.
While his skills, influence and dominance grew, it led to him partnering with a New York based public relations firm called MPR Consulting which saw the Jamaican native strengthening his foothold both North America with a global reach spanning over 50 countries. This partnership led to working with Grammy nominated artiste Morgan Heritage, Multimedia personality Nikkiz Z, Potential Kidd, D’Wrap Entertainment program and reggae-dancehall digital giant distributor Hapilos.
The joint venture also led to the expansion of their services covering several highly acclaimed events in Jamaica like Reggae Sumfest, Marco Polo, ATI, Dream Weekend, Shaggy & Friends Concerts, Style Week, Caribbean Fashion Week, Arthur Guinness Celebrations, Rumbar Bubbles and more.
Currently freelancing, in recent times he’s handle public relations endeavors for acts such as Tifa, Vershon, Narkoz, RDX, and Sharkies Seafood & Plantation Smokehouse restaurant, Shuzzr, a graduate of The College at Brockport, State University of New York (SUNY) he holds a bachelor’s degree in communications and Gender Studies.
In 2019, Alexis Fish who is the Vice President of Pride at Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, SPIN & Vibe invited the Jamaican publicist to its inaugural Pride Summit which was held in Hollywood, California. The coveted event which was hosted by the leading entertainment media/medium placed the young act in a position to chart his career forward. Following his introduction to Billboard/The Hollywood Reporter team, a year later they once again reach out to feature the talent and have him speaking on his career in reggae-dancehall.
2020 was the year Shuzzr stepped out of the shadows, putting himself on the forefront. From landing a Billboard Feature and being apart of their 2020 Pride celebrations and conversations, he did a series of interviews speaking about combating hatred and promoting queerness. Shuzzr also was the virtual host for the inaugural GayTravel.com #VirtualPride celebrations which partnered with the founding 28 Pride organizations in the United States.
The celebrations which trended across the US on Twitter was celebrated by thousands. His actions that year positioned him well in the eyes of his community and peers as he became the first in many regards. A watershed moment in West Indian queer history, Shuzzr also launched an initiative called ‘Pride in the Islands’ geared towards supporting advocacy groups throughout the Caribbean.
Arguably one of the only people to publicly speak about their sexuality and continue to work in what can be described as ‘one of the most homophobic genres’ in the world. Shuzzr is adamant in his quest to disrupting the status quo as the industry slowly evolves with time and individuals like himself working behind the scenes.
With the issuance of hundreds of press release and securing several notable media placements over the years, Shuzzr reach & influence is undisputed. As one of the leading publicists covering reggae-dancehall music and its practitioners. Shuzzr, a public relations guru continues to represent the industry heavyweights and remains a public relations architect behind the image and story of some of your favorite reggae-dancehall artiste in recent history.
Add work experience to your profile. (optional)
● Conceptualized media/promotional plans to meet each client’s desirables and ensuring ROI
● Liaised with all DSP’s to ensure company global catalog and presence were positioned effectively on platforms
● Coordinated with all North American stakeholders, generating internal sales reports and marketing updates
● Executed a 7 million yearly budget ensuring all KPI’s were met and achieved tangible ROI
● Drafted and updated sponsorship proposals, demonstrating fiscal management through budget management
● Handled all event logistics, production, and overall execution
● Proactively researched and cataloged materials pertinent to the radio station and all stakeholders
● Coordinated digital marketing efforts through SEO, SEM campaigns, marketing, digital tool analytics, social media monitoring
● Supervised sponsored promotional campaigns on digital outlets and live contests aired during broadcast
Shuzzr PR (Freelance) New York, USA
Entertainment Publicist December 2009-Ongoing
● Work with an array of national and regional entertainment clients
● Consistently secure media placements in regional, national, and global press outlets
● Actively write and distribute press materials for clients and manage digital assets
Add work education to your profile. (optional)
We will review the reports from both freelancer and employer to give the best decision. It will take 3-5 business days for reviewing after receiving two reports.