Glennah Ivey-Walker is a media and public relations professional hailing from Jamaica. In her home country she handled public relations for Digicel Jamaica where she worked closely with c-suite executives primarily focused on communications for customer service, technology, consumer events, sports and crisis management. During this time she established lifelong relationships with some of Jamaica’s best and brightest journalists, many of whom she is still in contact with to date. She has also served as the public relations officer at Half Moon resort where she oversaw the development and execution of the international, regional and local PR strategy. She also managed content development and scheduling for social media.
Since her move to New York she has worked at Merrill where she handled media relations for the Chief Investment Office; consistently securing appearances on CNBC, CNN, Fox Business, Yahoo! Finance and Bloomberg. She then joined MMGY NJF overseeing day-to-day media relations for Amtrak, Etihad Airways, Berkshire Hathaway Travel Insurance, Visit Elizabeth City and four Aparium Hotel Group properties. She was also involved in the promotion of the agency’s proprietary research, recently leading the successful launch of MMGY Travel Intelligence’s groundbreaking Black Traveler: Insights, Opportunities & Priorities study. She has also worked with VisitDallas, Visit Costa Rica, Marriott International, Steamboat Ski Resort and several other travel and hospitality clients.
She is currently employed at KWT Global as an account supervisor where she manages corporate communications clients in the tech, finance and travel industries.
Add work experience to your profile. (optional)
Currently managing corporate communications for Deloitte (Tech), LYCRA, National Kitchen and Bath Association, FlightSafety International and American Express Global Business Travel.
• Assisted with the development of annual integrated PR strategy
• Developed and maintained relationships with key media resulting in an average of ten placements per month in print, broadcast and online media
• Planned press briefings, product launches and other media and consumer-facing events
• Sought out and managed publicity opportunities for C-Suite executives. Led in the preparation of executives for these events, inclusive of media training and speechwriting
• Assisted with development and execution of crisis communications plan, inclusive of writing holding statements, managing media queries and coaching spokespersons
• Worked with the Internal Communications and Human Resources team to develop a communications strategy for employees. Ensured marketing and PR department plans were integrated into this strategy
• Served as primary media relations contact for resort
• Led all social media efforts including content creation, scheduling and influencer strategy. Achieved 30% increase in engagement across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
• Managed relationships with resort’s PR agencies in New York and theUK
• Pitched and hosted media trips for journalists from top publications such as Forbes Travel, Women’s Health Magazine, Daily Mirror and the Telegraph
• Created and managed local and regional public relations strategy
• Created marketing/PR material such as press kits, press releases, pitches, newsletters and website content
• Proactively pitched members of the Chief Investment Office for broadcast interviews consistently securing four interviews per month on top news networks such as CNBC, Bloomberg, Fox Business and Yahoo! Finance
• Manage local public relations activities for financial advisors including pitching interviews, bylined articles and handling media requests
• Wrote and placed press releases announcing financial advisors designations, new hires, national rankings and seminars
We will review the reports from both freelancer and employer to give the best decision. It will take 3-5 business days for reviewing after receiving two reports.